One of the healthiest dried fruit snacks to eat are dried mangoes. Dried mango contains antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that help the body fight off free radical cancer cells. They even contain fibre to help keep you fuller longer.
Dried mangoes help balance out acid levels and are very easy to digest. Mangoes also help reduce heart burn and stomach discomfort if you eat them after a meal.
Mango orchards play a part in helping mitigate the effects of climate change in Burkina Faso.
- The two types of Mango supplied are called Amelie and Brooks.
- The fruit are harvested manually, mostly by women.
- Harvests are collected from members' orchards.
- The mango is stored for 3-5 days to allow ripening.
- It is manually washed and checked for ripeness and quality.
- The fruit is then peeled and cut into small pieces, again manually.
- It is placed on metal plates to be dried over 4-6 hours.
- There is a final stage of quality checks before it is graded according to drying time.
- Then it is packed and stored for transportation.